- Wedge socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 80% based on the catalog strength of XXIP wire rope.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these sockets meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- Type Approval and certification in accordance with ABS 2007 Steel Vessel Rules. 1-1-17.7, and ABS Guide for Certification of Cranes.
- Basket is cast steel and individually magnetic particle inspected.
- Pin diameter and jaw opening allows wedge and socket to be used in conjunction with closed swage and spelter sockets.
- Secures the tail or “dead end” of the wire rope to the wedge, thus eliminates loss or “Punch out” of the wedge.
- Eliminates the need for an extra piece of rope, and is easily installed.
- The TERMINATOR® wedge eliminates the potential breaking off of the tail due to fatigue.
- The tail, which is secured by the base of the clip and the wedge, is left undeformed and available for reuse.
- Incorporates Crosby’s patented QUIC-CHECK® “Go” and “No-Go” feature cast into the wedge. The proper size
rope is determined when the following criteria are met:
- The wire rope should pass thru the “Go” hole in the wedge.
- The wire rope should NOT pass thru the “No-Go” hole in the wedge.
- Utilizes standard Crosby Red-U-Bolt® wire rope clip.
- The 3/8 through 1-1/8 standard S-421 wedge socket can be retrofitted with the new style TERMINATOR wedge.
- Available with Bolt, Nut, and Cotter Pin.
- U.S. patent 5,553,360, Canada patent 2,217,004 and foreign equivalents.
- Meets the performance requirements of EN 13411-6: 2003.